Senior Category Manager
We are a fast-growing, innovative FMCG Manufacturer with strong ethics and a love for keeping it real. Our success comes from having a great team of people behind some pet favourite brands such as Ivory Coat, Farmers Market, Nature’s Gift, Trilogy & Fussy Cat!
This is where you come in:
In this exciting role, you’ll have the opportunity to drive sustainable growth by maximising sales/profitability through insights to support the company achieve its objectives. This is a crucial role to support decision making across all functions of sales and marketing as well as driving the execution of the Commercial Planning Process, Revenue Growth Management (RGM), Category Strategy, and Channel development.
The successful candidate will be a highly collaborative, self-motivated individual who can work autonomously and drive category growth. They will be commercially minded with strong influencing and stakeholder management skills, able to apply whole business thinking and be adaptable in the way they work.
- Along with our Head Of Category, define & implement category & channel strategy and go-to-market plans for the market
- Gain buy-in and alignment across the business to realise key commercial opportunities based on insights
- Provide leadership, coaching an mentoring to Category Analyst
- Support the RGM program execution
- Drive key initiatives with our organisation’s Transformation programme
- Own the category content / story for customer (retailer) category reviews and planning sessions
- Ensure voice of the shopper and voice of the customer are central to the assumptions and discussions for NPD
- Analyse and drive core distribution, visibility and promotional guidelines by channel and Key Customers through planning sessions and range reviews
- You’ll have a passion for data and translating this into insights, trends, and actions
- Excellent stakeholder management, dealing with multiple stakeholders and their competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), high-level interpersonal skills and sound judgment
- A strong team player, ready to be part of our pack, working collaboratively and cross-functionally
- You will need to have a go-getter and proactive mindset looking to make a genuine difference
- FMCG/Grocery experience is critical and exposure to the pet food category would be advantageous
- Proficiency in either Nielsen or Aztec Scan and Home Panel software as well as rewards card data
- Proficient with MS Suite including PowerPoint and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, business administration, marketing or similar
When you join Real Pet Food Company you have an opportunity to make a significant contribution while developing your career within an expanding FMCG company. We offer a flexible work environment with hybrid office/work from arrangements and great opportunities for career development and the autonomy to drive your own progression. With the continued growth of our business, this is an exciting time to join the RPF pack.
Our head office Crows Nest is pet friendly, so bring your Dog or Cat to work with you, or simply spend time with our extended family.
Please note: NO agencies will be considered during this process. We advise you to refrain from submitting unsolicited profiles