Account Manager - Independent Grocery
We are a fast-growing, innovative FMCG Manufacturer with strong ethics and a love for keeping it real. Our success comes from having a great team of people behind some pet favourites with brands such as Farmers Market, Ivory Coat, Nature’s Gift & Love’em!
This is where you come in:
We have an Account Manager role which will support our Customer Business Manager due to double digit growth. The role will be accountable for the management of assigned Independent retail groups, Metcash state teams as well as assisting with Metcash National office. The key accountabilities will be achieving and exceeding set budgets, developing and monitoring retail activation and implementing promotional activity while identifying key growth drivers.
The Account manager role will develop and agree joint business plans, whilst preparing and presenting point of purchase strategies, working with the category team on category reviews and management of Metcash forecast & promotional plans.
- Key contact for Customer on day-to-day workings, with support of the Customer Business Manager
- Promotions management: Sales and volume forecast & spend projections as part of the planning process within the set budget
- Range Review Presentations and business Reviews – Collation, formatting and collaborating with marketing and category
- Responsible for the commercial P&L management of your business
- Supporting the National field team
- Monitor and communicate distribution/pricing/promotional/shelf insights within specified Category using data sources
- Forecast management: monitor and communicate stock requirements internally including collaborating with internal and customer supply chain, and internal stakeholders
- Represent your customer internally: be the voice of the customer
- Manage customer-specific projects where needed
- Proven experience and success in roles such as Account Executive, Account Manager, Assistant Category Manager, or Territory Manager role or similar
- Exposure to FMCG industry or similar
- Working knowledge of promotional planning activities and tools
- Understanding of concepts such as category plans and shopper mission and how operations are structured to deliver growth plans
- Excellent communication and demonstrated problem-solving capability
- An entrepreneurial approach and ability the thrive in a dynamic environment
- A curious and analytical mindset, able to draw insights from data
- Financial Acumen with a robust grip on both organisational and customer numbers
- Self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity with an appetite to grow and develop in a fast-growing organisation
- A personable individual with the ability to build strong relationships, not only with customers but understanding the value of working as a pack
When you join Real Pet Food Company you have an opportunity to make a significant contribution while developing your career within an expanding FMCG company. We offer a flexible work environment with hybrid office/work from arrangements and great opportunities for career development and the autonomy to drive your own progression. With the continued growth of our business, this is an exciting time to join the RPF pack.
Our head office Crows Nest is pet friendly, so bring your Dog or Cat to work with you, or simply spend time with our extended family.
Please note: NO agencies will be considered during this process. We advise you to refrain from submitting unsolicited profiles